Every English band ever plays closing ceremony of Olympics
OK not really, but a fair lot of them did. The 2012 London Olympics closed with a spectacular revue of British pop music. The Spice Girls slammed their bodies down and wound them all around. George Michael called out for freedom, and Brian May joined Jessie J to perform “We Will Rock You.” From elder statesmen like The Who to newbies like One Direction, the ceremony had something for everyone. Even this guy. Watch the Spice Girls perform below.
Gotye creates user-submitted mashup video
Are you sick of “Somebody I Used to Know” yet? After watching this, you will be. Gotye collected all the fan submitted videos for his hit song and created a “Somebodies” Voltron. It’s pretty amazing. Enjoy.
Chris Brown and Drake sued for bar brawl
Chris Brown and Drake are going to have to reach deep into their pockets to pay for the damages to Manhattan nightclub W.i.P. after they and their entourages engaged in a bottle-throwing brawl that left two dozen people injured and the club in ruins. Entertainment Enterprises, which owns W.i.P. and its sister bar, Greenhouse, has been sued by those victims and is now seeking $16 million from Brown and Drake. Next time you want to fight, guys, grab plastic bottles.
UK lottery winner wants to reunite Guns ‘N Roses
Adrian Bayford won the equivalent of $232 million playing the EuroMillions lottery on August 10. And he’s already got a plan for how to use it to benefit as many people as possible. Bayford wants to reunite the original lineup of Guns ‘N Roses, and he’s willing to fork over some serious quid to see it happen. Maybe a big payday can make Axl and Slash can bury the hatchet once and for all and take us back to Paradise City.
Killers drummer gropes Michelle Obama
Killers drummer Ronnie Vannucci once grabbed a handful of the First Lady’s derriere, he revealed this week. While the band was being introduced to the Obamas during the Fourth of July celebrations at the White House, Michelle went in for a friendly hug. But(t) due to her statuesque height and his diminutive one, Vannucci’s hands found purchase on her backside in an incident we like to “Killer Booty.” Read about it here.
Katy Perry moons waterpark
Speaking of butts, Katy Perry flashed both cheeks after slipping and sliding on a water slide at Raging Waters in California. We’re only showing the “before” picture, so if you want to see the full moon, you can do so here.
- Check out Rick Ross’s sexy Rolling Stone cover
- Sheryl Crow gets restraining order against stalker
- SXSW creative director dies of heart attack
- Kenny G files for divorce from wife
- Lauryn Hill mugshot released
- OneDirection covers “Wonderwall”
- ?uestlove releases Beastie Boys tribute mix
- Elton John’s bassist commits suicide
- Paris Hilton drinks first 40 oz. with Snoop Lion
- Marilyn Manson defaces face to thwart paparrazi
- Blue Ivy rocks Watch the Throne concert tee
- Miley Cyrus chops off hair
- R. Kelly’s Love Letter Cruise canceled
- Watch the herky jerky video for “I Wish You Would”
- Taylor Swift releases lyric video for “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together”
- Brandy and Chris Brown “Put It Down”