Wayne Coyne marries couple onstage at Osheaga
With a Muzak version of “Do You Realize” playing in the background, Wayne Coyne married two fans (dressed for the occasion as Dorothy and a lion) just before their last song at Montreal’s Osheaga Festival. “By the power of the Flaming Lips, the universe and LSD, I now pronounce you man and wife,” Coyne proclaimed during the brief ceremony, before kicking into a rousing rendition of the song. Knowing Coyne’s expertise with fetuses, we wonder if the couple will keep him in mind when they decide to expand their family.
Bruce Springsteen dances in the dark
This one’s just for the lolz. Somehow this outtake reel for Bruce Springsteen’s “Dancing in the Dark” video found the light of day this week. Just a man, his muscles and his suspenders. Dancing. In the dark. Enjoy.
Kings of Leon cancel tour amid speculation
You know it’s a bad show when the lead singer of the band tells you he’s going to go vomit and drink a beer, then never returns. Such was the case when Kings of Leon played Dallas this week, abruptly cutting their concert short when Caleb Followill walked offstage. The fiasco was followed up with an announcement from management that the rest of the band’s tour dates would be canceled due to Followill’s exhaustion and vocal stress. The plot thickened when Jared Followill tweeted that the issues were actually much deeper than “not drinking enough Gatorade.” Rumors are now swirling that Followill’s family is urging him to go to rehab. With Amy Winehouse’s death fresh in everyone’s mind, let’s hope he doesn’t say no, no, no.
Meatloaf collapses onstage
Kings of Leon aren’t the only ones with problems. During a concert in Pittsburgh, Meatloaf lost consciousness and took a tumble. It still wasn’t enough stop him from performing his hit “I Would Do Anything For Love (But I Won’t Do That).” Apparently “that” means canceling your show after fainting. Meatloaf says the incident was due to an asthma flare up. Not to be a jerk and exploit the poor man when he’s most vulnerable, but here’s a video of the whole thing.
Introducing Maddie Spears
There’s something very unsettling about hearing a three year-old sing lyrics about the room getting sexy, but when it comes from a member of the Spears family, you take it with a grain of salt. Maddie Spears delivered a cover of Aunt Brit-Brit’s “Up ‘N Down” on YouTube. After Britney’s onstage lap dance for her boyfriend, Jason Trawick, we’re nervous about little Maddie’s follow-up performance.
- Ryan Adams releases Ashes and Fire details
- Coldplay play tribute to Winehouse with cover of “Rehab”
- Eric Church tops Billboard
- Usher rings opening bell in NYSE for MTV’s 30th b-day
- Kanye West and Jay-Z host listening party at Museum of Natural History
- Ke$ha to appear on new Alice Cooper album
- Feist reveals album cover, track list
- Sabi releases “Wild Heart” single
- Rihanna parties in Barbados
- Lady Gaga wishes Tony Bennett a happy 85th
- Lauryn Hill performs at LA Rising Festival one week after giving birth
- Miley Cyrus gets gay equality tattoo on ring finger
- Mitch Winehouse gives daughter’s clothes to fans
- John Bonham’s Model T up for sale
- U2’s 360 tour the most successful ever