Ke$ha, Ciara, Jewel, Jake Shears and more tell bullied kids, “It Gets Better”
This week, several artists took to their webcams to record heartfelt messages for Dan Savage’s It Gets Better project—aimed at bringing hope to bullied gay and lesbian teenagers. Ke$ha, Ciara, Jason Derülo, AJ McLean, Joel Madden and Jake Shears are just a few of the musicians who’ve posted their own messages. You can check them out here.
Hollerado go 8-bit for “Americanarama” video
Watch your back, OK Go. Canadian rockers Hollerado have come out with their own ambitious video choreography, and it’s pretty bitchin’. Watch them create a larger-than-life 8-bit video game with a big box, some placards and a couple well-timed sound effects.
Weezer offered $10 million to break up
How mean-spirited and pointless can people get? Head over to www.thepoint.com and see firsthand. That’s where Weezer-hater James Burns established his fundraising campaign to come up with $10 million to offer to the band in exchange for them hanging up their guitars for good. Beard writes:
Every year, Rivers Cuomo swears that he’s changed, and that their new album is the best thing that he’s done since “Pinkerton,” and what happens? Another pile of crap like “Beverly Hills” or “I’m Your Daddy.” This is an abusive relationship, and it needs to stop now.
Tired of Weezer, too? Throw some virtual money over to Beard. He’s already got nearly $300! Who’s your daddy now, Cuomo?
Saudi Arabia Photoshops Mariah Carey
What to do when you’re an ultra conservative country promoting a concert for a scantily clad pop singer? You Photoshop the poster, duh. In this case, Saudi Arabia officials covered Mariah Carey’s whorish shoulders with extra cat. Problem solved.
Lil’ Wayne gets solitary confinement
Most inmates get solitary confinement when they try to shank somebody. Lil’ Wayne got his for having headphones and an MP3 player charger. We’re no criminals, but seems like that would make a really ineffective shiv.
- Kenny Chesney Number 1 on Billboard
- Kanye West announces new album title
- Justin Bieber to revive Punk’d?
- Kim Zolciak debuts new single, “Google Me”
- Homeless man + two Kermit puppets + “Under Pressure” = lolz
- Levi Johnston stars in Brittani Senser’s “After Love” video
- Lady Gaga, Yoko Ono and more celebrate John Lennon’s 70th birthday
- Beach Boys Broadway musical?
- Kanye West hides ballerinas under blanket on SNL
- Mario arrested for assaulting his mother
- Dave Grohl files $75 million lawsuit against Scissor Sisters